- How do you approach 2022? Resolutions/goals or…?
How do I approach a new year? With a lot of intention and then panic over that long list! ha. I think like everyone, I set goals for better health and better organization. This year so far has been easier to get closer to those goals.
- How has your music changed or been influenced by the pandemic? Has It?
The pandemic gave many a big boost of energy in music but for me, I felt like I was standing still. I write many songs from hindsight than while I am going through it. I am glad to see the fog rise as we get past what I hope is the worst of it. That has made it easier to write. Maybe I will write some tunes about it once I get some more distance from it.
- Do you have new music on the horizon?
I have been writing a bit more in the past few months. Working on a new all acoustic album at the moment.
- What are some essentials on your playlist currently?
Of my music, I tried to play a song a day starting in Jan. Some essentials of mine are Red Hot Tears, Leave Nothing Behind, Save The Afternoon, and Everything To You.
Of others, I am really loving new albums by YOLA, Adele, Tina Dico, and some older INXS.
- What is your favorite song that you have recorded so far?
There are favorites of mine that I have recorded because they were fun to record (These Small Town Boys, Running, You’re Gonna Need Me) and others because they connected with audiences live in a big way (Bartender, Save The Afternoon, We Are The Same).
- Finish this sentence “Life without music is…”
Life Without Music is paralyzing.
- What excites you about making music?
The feeling that you said something that everyone was thinking but no one had brought it up yet. When you hit a chord or sing a melody that feels original and personal at the same time.
- A musician to watch (other than yourself of course)
YOLA, Çelişse, Jake Wesley Rogers, Sierra Hull, Namoli Brennet!
- Live performance vs. creating in the studio
Always LIVE! I am a live artist through and throughout. Studio always feels like trying to re-create something where as being live feels real and in the moment.
- If you could make one wish for your listeners this year, what would it be
To find an artist who makes you FEEL something with their music or with their words.